Cameca IMS 1280 Ion Probe
Also see the media release about the launch of the instrument by the Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, Senator, the Hon. Kim Carr.
Centre for Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, The University of Western Australia
Asst/Prof. John Cliff, 1280 Ion Probe Manager
Tel: 08 6488 8096
- Ultra-high sensitivity magnetic-sector SIMS
- Oxygen and Cesium primary beams
- Ion microprobe/ ion microscope
- Charge compensation for insulators
- Multi-collection system with 5 detectors (EM/FC)
- Full transmission at high mass resolution (6000 MRP)
|Thorium mapping in a zircon grain.
Image courtesy of Cameca.